It’s Asparagus season!! 🍴🍃
It’s Asparagus season!! Finally it’s the end of winter, we all needed it to stop now… the cold… the humid weather… the butternuts.... Well it’s London, it’s gonna be gloomy anyway. So let’s comfort ourselves and dream about better weather.
"Seedy White Asparagus, Peanut and Maple Syrup Aubergine Purée, Smoked Paprika, Capers and Coriander oil"
4 serving (3 asparagus by person)
1 bunch of white asparagus (x12)
1 large Aubergine
1 teaspoon peanut butter
2 tablespoons peanuts
2 tablespoons flaked almonds
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons flakes seeds
2 teaspoon maple syrup
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon capers
1 bunch coriander
- Make the coriander oil, In a blender mix the coriander and 1 cup of olive oil. Strain it through a thin strainer to keep the oil only
- Turn the oven on 200º, put inside the Aubergine and cook it for 25-30 minutes (until soft), remove the skin, let the aubergine cool down in a strainer for a few minutes and stir it to release more liquid. Stir it with a fork and add peanut butter, maple syrup (1 tsp) and a bit of smoked paprika. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Trim the asparagus, then peel the stems with a peeler. Boil in salted water for 12 mins until the spears are tender. Drain well
- In a mortar, crush the nuts and seeds
- Brush the asparagus with maple syrup, and roll them inside the crushed seeds
- Serve with the purée in the bottom, the asparagus on top, capers and coriander oil and a pinch of smoked paprika to finish
👩🍳 Recipe imagined and captured by Marion May